Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age of Empires > Position-announcement about Macro Keys in Age of Empires 1

Position-announcement about Macro Keys in Age of Empires 1

KGB_Crazy

Posted 6 May 2015 - 3:09 am
Hello guys, after some complains about macro usage in AOE, ive talked to many players, checked other RTS games forum such as starcraft and talked to other staff members. Here is:

Multi-key macros are disallowed. Remapping is fine, but a single key press has to still equal a single key press.
Changing A to be B = allowed
Changing A to be CTRL+B = disallowed.

Here is an example of multi-key macros demonstrated by PolarDuck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Zre2Agi3s . Its such a HUGE advantage, specially in boom games, iron games and DM. Macroing like that was always a problem in aoe in the past (aoe dm is unpopular now a days tho). It was never acepted in DM and known macro players usually would get banned from some rooms.

Age of empires 1 is a hardcore RTS game and those macros change the way its played, for some its good, for most its not. Lets say if farm bug was never fixed and player A use farm bug and player B not, unfair right ? However if everyone in the game agree and its part of the gameplay, its fine.

At moment, voobly cant detect multi-key macros, so any use of macro will be based in hard evidences. That said, at moment, macroing will not result in any punishment from voobly such as ban etc

What we say is that multi-key macro is such an unfair advantage and must be avoided (of course if all players in the game agree with that its fine, people can even play with cheat on and play bigdaddy wars if they want).

Basicly macroing is unwanted like Shadow wall in usual and the ninja walking bug.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 6 May 2015 - 12:36 pm
ok...
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Homme_Fatale_

Edited 6 May 2015 - 11:18 pm by Homme_Fatale_
KGB_Crazy wrote:
Multi-key macros are disallowed.
+
KGB_Crazy wrote:
That said, at moment, macroing will not result in any punishment from voobly such as ban etc

KGB_Crazy wrote:
At moment, voobly cant detect multi-key macros,
+
KGB_Crazy wrote:
so any use of macro will be based in hard evidences.

Ridiculous.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [aGx]duckcity

Posted 6 May 2015 - 11:55 pm
So this is mostly just saying the community should frown on the use of macros, given there is no way to detect or ban anyone using them
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Homme_Fatale_

Posted 7 May 2015 - 12:30 pm
So this is mostly just saying the community should frown on the use of macros, given there is no way to detect or ban anyone using them

Like.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 _Hacks

Posted 7 May 2015 - 12:52 pm

The process of making a macro isnt that easy. People think its. But if it was, why we woudnt see all players doing macros all games and winning? since its safe and undetected. The thing is once a player is captured with a good evidence doing unfair things in a game. He wont be so happy. Else nothing will happen. You have millions of hotkeys softwares and codes etc over the internet. Its not easy to stop it atm. But if it gets serious. It will be stopped as much as possible.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Homme_Fatale_

Posted 7 May 2015 - 1:48 pm
_Hacks wrote:
The process of making a macro isnt that easy. People think its. But if it was, why we woudnt see all players doing macros all games and winning? since its safe and undetected. The thing is once a player is captured with a good evidence doing unfair things in a game. He wont be so happy. Else nothing will happen. You have millions of hotkeys softwares and codes etc over the internet. Its not easy to stop it atm. But if it gets serious. It will be stopped as much as possible.

It is very easy.

Far more players macro than you think. Particularly in AOE.

It's a huge huge advantage, but ofc not everything, it is still a strategy game.

How can you you get good evidence? It's like Crazy said, it's undetectable to Voobly as it stands.

You don't need hotkey softwares/codes to macro. The days of fastkey or AutoHotKey are gone.

You just need a dirt cheap gaming mouse/keyboard with programmable buttons and software (many are doing this).

[You must login to view link]
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [aGx]duckcity

Edited 7 May 2015 - 6:00 pm by [aGx]duckcity
It is very easy - autohotkey and hotkeyz do the job very easily and since they allow for logic, you can use them to vary the delay as a means of making it uncatchable. Also, almost every gaming keyboard has >12 programmable keys for making macros.

I used to code runescape bots, it is very easy to make generated input seem human if you know what you are doing - so if you try to catch macros, you will either do nothing or risk banning legitimate players.

I personally don't use macros because I would rather improve my apm by just playing the game - it will be more helpful to my gameplay in the long run.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 _Hacks

Posted 7 May 2015 - 8:01 pm
Such macros works only in your house. Wont work in lan parties etc. If you like to play unfair and destroy games. Its your choice but i repeat if some1 is caught doing unfair acts using such macros. He wont be smiling. :)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [aGx]duckcity

Posted 7 May 2015 - 8:05 pm
But thats the point, its only catch-able if you are stupid about it. There are many many ways to make it undetectable while hardly affecting the advantage of it
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [AOTM]Polarducky

Posted 8 May 2015 - 2:19 am
_Hacks wrote:
Such macros works only in your house. Wont work in lan parties etc. If you like to play unfair and destroy games. Its your choice but i repeat if some1 is caught doing unfair acts using such macros. He wont be smiling. :)

Let me ask u this? Do u ever tried to use macro? Do you ever tried to input keys? Because your statement is incorrect. Macro can work ANYWHERE, ANYGAME, ANYTIME.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [AOTM]Polarducky

Edited 8 May 2015 - 1:16 pm by [AOTM]Polarducky
Here is my 2 cent.
To Op: Whats the point of this is u cant enforce it. So your encouraging people to assume if they are using macro after thier loss or what not? Or the stats is high than normally?(what if this person just boom mindless hchchchc nonstop all game?) There is certain players that over reacts so easily and can wrongful accustation can lead to more problems.

The statement from by Crazy:

"What we say is that multi-key macro is such an unfair advantage and must be avoided (of course if all players in the game agree with that its fine, people can even play with cheat on and play bigdaddy wars if they want)."

For an example: I play 1v1 with you and I use no sound and you use sound, yes that is unfair advantage but it is kinda misleading from ur quote.

There is many things that are not fair in all games. Deaf people(means cant use sound), handicapped people(doesn't have both hands or have 1 eye or 1 ear), monitor resolution, better keyboard, better mouse, hell even better table or chair that is very comfortable.

In my opinion, this changes nothing. No regulation, no punishment.

EDIT: I Say teach everyone how to use macro so it will be fair. And lets see how it evolves over the years. Like we did with population limit when we used to start at 50. And we were learning how to change to 200 through regedit. Over the time we are learning how to use more hotkeys and grouping usefulness. Now we moved to voobly and learned how to use AOEHD for screen resolution and change way more population limit variety, legion z patch and much more. No one complains about any of those, so why now complain about macro? Because there is no one that teaches you how to use them. Macros has been around for many years.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 _Hacks

Edited 8 May 2015 - 1:34 pm by _Hacks
Let me ask u this? Do u ever tried to use macro? Do you ever tried to input keys? Because your statement is incorrect. Macro can work ANYWHERE, ANYGAME, ANYTIME.

You didnt understand what i meant. Macros is a cheap act that wont get u anywhere. You can use macros only in a place where no one has eyes on you such as house or anywhere. Which means if your somewhere out just like playing in a lan party etc you wont have your same prog mouse or codes or anything coz its not allowed. Concerning if i tried macros, i tested before a mouse/keyboard movements record which will record steps done by it. Concerning hotkeys, it will just make you faster coz aoe is based on the player speed if he already knows basics. The guy made this thread because there are many reports about macros. And its very obvious, that you can use special hotkeys without getting caught and we dont need to tell u about that. But, just in case someone is caught doing it ofc with a huge evidence. He would be punished. And again, i repeat if the macro process was that easy we would see all players like 2k rates on voobly. Because your not the only one who knows about macros in the world. I dunno whats wrong with my statement. You understood things as u like. Concering cheap acts like macros/hacks or anything i have been working for years on this and we blocked a lot cheats/hacks etc. If you can provide some steps or some internet source which shows how unfair macros can be in games like rm dm. Contact me via inbox. So we can do something about it. Thats all. Cya.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 8 May 2015 - 1:31 pm
ignore this guy he doesn't even play aoe
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 _Hacks

Posted 8 May 2015 - 1:38 pm
ignore this guy he doesn't even play aoe

Cocerning your lies? Just leave me alone man. Idk wtf your trying to do but you are very weird.

Link | Válasz | Idézet
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 25 posts
Ugrás:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: