CBA Tasking issue

calexus5678

Posted 19 May 2017 - 7:42 pm
Hi I am messing around with CBAv20, however when I mess with triggers that spawn the unique units, there is a tasking issue whereby the units sit still in their spawn spots by the castles for half a second before they start moving again.. It's really weird I can't figure it out.. If anyone can help out that would be really appreciated..
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 bukayosaka

Edited 20 May 2017 - 4:21 pm by bukayosaka
You need to remove any timer on whatever trigger the task effect is in.

(might be, i can't remember so well)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 calexus5678

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:44 pm
I haven't altered the spawn task triggers... they are separate and affect anything moving on the unique unit spawn tiles..

I altered the trigger that actually creates the units, and that is when they pause for a moment to what appears to be the next second and then move, giving an ugly delay..
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 21 May 2017 - 12:18 am by [MM]Gallas
This is related to the trigger's delay as it runs by the priority list.
Let's example:
you have 1000 triggers
triggers 100-200 move your units, and 600-900 spawns the units
The system starts running all triggers from 0 to end each second, checking all possible conditions and on/off, etc. While it already moved the units it just spawn later, so only can move it in "next turn". More triggers in the map (specially running triggers) and more game lag makes this "turn" more visible.

Possible solutions:
- make spawn+move into one trigger (not all time good idea, specially when you wanna make different moving locations)
- less triggers (sometimes you can't make less)
- make delay less by good trigger ordering (logical priority and less gasp between connected triggers)
- reduce running triggers as much as you can (turn off unused ones, less huge condition detection, etc)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 calexus5678

Posted 21 May 2017 - 2:38 am
[MM]Gallas wrote:
This is related to the trigger's delay as it runs by the priority list.
Let's example:
you have 1000 triggers
triggers 100-200 move your units, and 600-900 spawns the units
The system starts running all triggers from 0 to end each second, checking all possible conditions and on/off, etc. While it already moved the units it just spawn later, so only can move it in "next turn". More triggers in the map (specially running triggers) and more game lag makes this "turn" more visible.

Possible solutions:
- make spawn+move into one trigger (not all time good idea, specially when you wanna make different moving locations)
- less triggers (sometimes you can't make less)
- make delay less by good trigger ordering (logical priority and less gasp between connected triggers)
- reduce running triggers as much as you can (turn off unused ones, less huge condition detection, etc)

Thanks for the reply Gallas that helps a lot.. The spawn triggers are all before the move triggers so that makes sense.. The new trigger I made though had the ID 3478 at the very end, you can't change the IDs it seem so I guess I'd have to remake the whole trigger list if I want to insert new triggers.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 21 May 2017 - 3:35 am
If youre using the aokts there is a button that syncs the display order to the trigger ID.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:11 am
you can't change the IDs it seem so I guess I'd have to remake the whole trigger list if I want to insert new triggers.
You can't that's true, but you can insert. Create new triggers where you want it to be (in aokTS), save your file, then close the program, start again and reorder the triggers, done.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 calexus5678

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:33 pm
Found it thanks Malte :)

Gallas I hope you stick around mate your knowledge is invaluable, I'll need it again!
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:52 pm
Just to add to what Gallas said the current version of aokts is a bit bugged when moving triggers always move them up to a lower id never down or they will not sync properly.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 calexus5678

Posted 21 May 2017 - 1:34 pm
Just to give an idea of what I'm trying to achieve:
Quote:
my idea is to have each civilisation continue to spawn a certain amount of unique units even after passing normal max pop, but also with different spawn times too.
So for example mongols could have a secondary pop cap of 38 unique units all the way up to 200.. but at a slower spawn speed which would vary with each civ.

Now a quick question guys:

Is it possible to force reset a timer? So if you disactivate a trigger which is on a timer, it just pauses, it doesn't reset back to its original value of however many seconds..

I have a workaround but it involves multiplying the original unit spawn triggers by 7: 128 triggers x 7 = 1016 (Do you think this would be too much for the map to handle?)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Edited 21 May 2017 - 2:09 pm by +[MM]jason
Not possible as far as I know. Ive used a walking unit as an alternative in the past to overcome this exact problem. Create and task a unit to a particular tile you know it will take however many seconds to walk there then use a object in area trigger to fire your effect. To reset just remove unit in the area where it is walking and create another unit at the starting point. Not the most elegant solution but it does work you can also make it a gaia unit and make it walk on walkable water somewhere on the edge of the map so it will never be noticed.
Anyway if you check my map hardcore blood from the map pack i used this system. I hope this helps.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 calexus5678

Posted 21 May 2017 - 2:41 pm
Interesting thank you my man
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Posted 21 May 2017 - 3:03 pm
Another solution i thought of just then create flags on a tile every 1 second then use objects in area 10 (for 10 seconds) to reset simply remove the flags.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 calexus5678

Edited 21 May 2017 - 6:51 pm by calexus5678
But when the flag is removed it doesn't reset the timer, so when the new flag is created, it will only wait however many seconds were left when the last flag was removed... not sure if I got that right..

I had a look at my solution though and it doesn't seem to be too stressful as a lot of the new triggers don't have too many conditions and are deactivated a lot of the time
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Posted 21 May 2017 - 3:44 pm
Well you are stacking the flags so say u want a 10 second timer and u have 5 flag there you need to wait 5 more seconds before the trigger will fire but if you remove the flags it will need 10 seconds to make enough flags essentially reseting the timer.

Link | Válasz | Idézet
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 24 posts
Ugrás:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: