Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta Feedback

UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta Feedback

[TheJedi]Genette

Posted 25 July 2017 - 2:41 pm
Following up on the UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta release today on Voobly, feel free to create a new topic in this support forum or simply reply here.
Quote:
This is a BETA release of the UserPatch v1.5. This patch will remain unrated during its Beta stage and become rated, once it reaches the Release Candidate (RC) stage.

Please report crashing issues / problems here: http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/33241

Make sure to attach the following files when experiencing crashes:
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (1).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (2).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\minidump (1).dmp
Link | Válasz | Idézet

Posted 25 July 2017 - 3:07 pm
Scroll speed is significantly slower (at least on highest setting)

It feels very smooth, but my guess is that because it's changed from tile-scrolling to sub-tile scrolling the scroll speed is indirectly changed as well.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Socksyy

Posted 25 July 2017 - 3:23 pm
When spamming move (right mouse button) units can bug and just walk rapidly around on the spot in a circle.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 25 July 2017 - 3:35 pm
@ asdf2321: quoting from a similar comment on aoczone:
Quote:
might have to do with the "precision scrolling"-feature being enabled in this beta.
Quote:
Precision scrolling system: This feature will enable the precision scrolling system, which allows you to scroll more freely without being confined to half-tile steps.
from [You must login to view link] -> Features
Quote:
Hi! The most notable is that precision scrolling is locked as on at the moment, which may feel different. After the client is updated, it will be made an option and disabled by default.
from [You must login to view link]

"client updates" refers to the game room options, where you will be able to check/uncheck this option. For the final implementation, we're planning on leaving this option as set to "disabled/unchecked" by default, as the "feel" is different indeed.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [DZ]_Omega

Posted 25 July 2017 - 3:38 pm
Quote:
Make sure to attach the following files when experiencing crashes:
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (1).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (2).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\minidump (1).dmp
what about 32 bit OS?
Link | Válasz | Idézet

Posted 25 July 2017 - 3:54 pm
@ asdf2321: quoting from a similar comment on aoczone:
from [You must login to view link] -> Features
from [You must login to view link]

"client updates" refers to the game room options, where you will be able to check/uncheck this option. For the final implementation, we're planning on leaving this option as set to "disabled/unchecked" by default, as the "feel" is different indeed.
[/quote]

Ah ok, but I really like the smoothness of scrolling. Would it be possible to increase the max scroll speed to make up for the decreased speed? If I'm not mistaken, theoretically if you decrease the scroll 'unit' (which is 1 whole tile in UP 1.4) by a factor of 3 (1/3 tile), you should be able to make up for the speed by multiplying scroll unit/sec value by 3

Link | Válasz | Idézet

Posted 25 July 2017 - 4:08 pm
I can confirm this.

to add to this:

single unit seem to behave completely fine when spam-clicking, but it seems that grouped units move in a weird zigzag pattern or circling around the spot.
Link | Válasz | Idézet

Posted 25 July 2017 - 4:09 pm
Socksyy wrote:
When spamming move (right mouse button) units can bug and just walk rapidly around on the spot in a circle.

I can confirm this.

to add to this:

single unit seem to behave completely fine when spam-clicking, but it seems that grouped units move in a weird zigzag pattern or circling around the spot.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 scripter16

Edited 25 July 2017 - 4:18 pm by scripter16
Thanks for feedback! The group issue is likely related to the fixes for group collapse and pike patrol. A fix for that spam click behavior will come soon. Sorry for the trouble!
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [TheJedi]Genette

Edited 25 July 2017 - 5:16 pm by [TheJedi]Genette
Would it be possible to increase the max scroll speed to make up for the decreased speed?

I personally find it a bit slow (even on max), too. Standard scrolling won't be changed and we'll see what we can do about precision scrolling system.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [MM]Zix

Posted 27 July 2017 - 9:29 am
Could you make available to garrison a unit into a negatie ID unit? I'm working on a trick which would use this, but unfortunately garrison works only into positive ID units. Here is an example scenario where I garrisoned a unit into a negative ID unit, but it won't be garrisoned: [You must login to view link]
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [INDIA_]_Don_Karnaage__

Posted 28 July 2017 - 7:49 am
I used the UP 1.5 beta 2 build 5425 to play a game in single players mode, after that I have noticed that I do not connect to people easily in game room and I have to restart the lobby to establish connection and every time I close the lobby to restart it voobly crashes.
There are no issues with my internet I have been using the same for last 3 years and never faced issues. So i guess it must be due to the changes the new UP made.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 scripter16

Edited 28 July 2017 - 2:22 pm by scripter16
[MM]_Zix, I tested that scenario in both v1.0c and v1.5 and the result is the same, where there's a paladin that can't be selected standing next to a villager. I also tested the Health Potion Trick negative id garrison scenario and it worked fine on v1.5. Please confirm the garrison trick on v1.0c and if there's an issue on v1.5, please let me know. Thanks!

Health Potion Trick: [You must login to view link]
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [MM]Zix

Edited 28 July 2017 - 3:45 pm by [MM]Zix
In the Health potion trick, a negative ID object is garrisoned into a positive ID Paladin, but I mean, garrisoning any object into a negative ID object does not work. I think the system just ignores if the garrison ID is negative.
I made a picture for better understand: [You must login to view link]
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 scripter16

Edited 28 July 2017 - 3:43 pm by scripter16
Does garrison into a negative id unit work in v1.0c? If so, can you provide a scenario?

Link | Válasz | Idézet
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 48 posts
Ugrás:
2 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 2 guests