Rambit CB Gold 2011

I3lackI3ird

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:44 am
Goths are too weak. May be give them elite at start and take away 1 king?
Byza is too strong with 5 kings.
Spanish need 1+ king imo.
Britons are ok if you remove that "no king for 100-200 kills".
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 27 April 2011 - 6:36 pm
those civ adjustments seem like a pretty good idea. except i probly wouldnt give goths elite, cuz then its not worth getting imp or a villi at the start.
Quote:
is this my name;; for those of who like 2010 V3 can we have a 2010 V4 with the following fixes you did on 2011 game:
so is the only reason u would rather that then play 2011 because there is no henry V in 2011?
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 I3lackI3ird

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:44 am
i probly wouldnt give goths elite, cuz then its not worth getting imp or a villi at the start.
Unless you are playing against 4-5 archer civs, it's not worth getting imp/villy with goths at start. For what? No tower upgrades, no plate armor.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 metroid_ChoZo

Posted 28 April 2011 - 9:39 pm
What I would do is either make henry 4 kings with no tech upgrade or replace him at 3 kings with an infantry unit like El Cid, Erik the Red, or King Arthur. I would go with King Arthur or El Cid. It seems that the 2011 version was made to be more archer civ friendly.. I think this would counteract this. Leave Beli in. Also, adding in an infantry hero would make it so people that buy it don't raze as fast and it gives archer civs time to build up pop. I think these people would likely go imperial before buying another hero which would make the typical henry then martel right away situation non-existant and instead it'd be infantry hero than martel after imperial, most likely.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 metroid_ChoZo

Posted 1 May 2011 - 4:18 pm
In the 2011 version I was the Huns and my Invincible Genitour died. Do the units act different when faced with the genitour as well? I put my units on aggressive and then stopped them but they just resumed attacking the genitour. Go back to the skirm plz. =) Also, in 2010 v3 someone was the persians once and I think they researched the elite skirmisher which caused the unit to lose its invincibility. So I'd make the unit an elite skirm and/or have elite skirm tech researched right away.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Is_this_my_name

Edited 1 May 2011 - 6:53 pm by Is_this_my_name
the invincible genitour doesnt work when ur civ gets bloodlines. this is the one bug ive found and already fixed it, but i dont know when they will update the version in the map pack. I changed it to a genitour so that people could upgrade elite skirmishers and use them from the archery range.

PS i am now thinking i will likely add a cavalry unit a bit weaker than Henry for 3 kings. there will be no armour bonus that henry had so that would help aswell. i think cavalry might be better than an infantry. since theres already charlemagne as cheap infantry hero, and specifically aztecs and a bit japs would have too much advantage.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 metroid_ChoZo

Edited 2 May 2011 - 6:03 pm by metroid_ChoZo
I used the method to make units invincible found here: Q78 ([You must login to view link] ).

Trigger0 -
Display As Objective: Yes / No
Starting State: On / Off
Trigger Looping: No
Condition0:
Effect0: Change Object HP - (-*)
Effect1: Damage Object - (-1)
Effect 2: Change Object HP - (*)
* = the unit's maximum HP

I used this method and I was still able to research elite skirmisher and it did nothing to the skirmisher I purchased at the super store. Oh yeah, also. You're supposed to copy the negative sign into the game which is a slight pain but worth it. I was actually in the process of adding henry back in to the 2011 version when I figured this out but then the game started glitching out and player 1 got 20 razes out of nowhere when he/she only got 1 raze so then I gave up. I also noticed I was able to delete my far left tower in center without getting booted. I have no idea how those anti-cheating triggers work so I leave it up to you, but I would for sure check them.

Here's my opinion on things you should do:

-keep henry in but make him 4 kings without the tech upgrade.
-Up the hp on transport ships to 600 since you upped the attack and hp on nevski and made harald and ornulu cost less. If you want to promote the rushing trend I'd also make transports have more hp per king.
-I would also make belisarius have +125-150 hp per king because he dies so easily no matter what and it only applies to those you have produced thus far. I'd also make an add hp or attack or both option available to william just for fun.
-I would also keep archers of the eyes in but make them appear faster. It's weird that in the 2010 version charla appears faster than archers of the eyes. Archers of the eyes are a viable option if someone is doing horrible. They really kill when put in the castles. I'd make them one king and keep them at 4 secs each or leave them at 2 kings and change it to two or three seconds. One thing I noticed when I used archers of the eyes is that they don't clump together too well so they wouldn't defend well against a cavarly unit.
-Make the area to bring kings down from the top store to the bottom one bigger and the same thing at the super store

Based on the number of kings each civ gets adding any cavalry unit at three kings provides an unfair advantage because these people get such a big head start on razes. I would add any cavalry unit at 4 kings no matter what.

Oh, and to the post below this one. I tried the magic number method but it didn't work. The magic numbers just turned to 0. I think using negative signs is a much more reliable method because even if you look at the triggers with magic numbers it screws them up. For instance I only looked at the invincible castle and genitour triggers for p1 and both of them were no longer invincible while they were still for other civs.

I have made three scenarios in my day so I hope you take my suggestions seriously. I've made:
[You must login to view link]
http://data.voobly.com/Individual%20Maps/=V=%20Dragon%20Store.scx
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 2 May 2011 - 5:26 pm
Yeah, there are "magic numbers" that allow for infinite HP that do not break due to tech upgrades like bloodlines or elite advancements.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 2 May 2011 - 7:50 pm
yea we have established that a long while ago ducky, it's been in rcb longer then u would ever remember
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 2 May 2011 - 7:51 pm
i had already used that method for invincible hp, that u posted metroid. except i used oakts so i didnt have to copy and paste - sign. and for effect 2; i used any random # of hp. but i think its still the same trigger.
but for effect 0 i used the # of hp for non elite skirm. if u use # of hp for elite then it wont work if u havent upgraded elite in game, will it?
well anyways it works properly the way i fixed it (added a trigger with condition research bloodlines)

-that is probly a good idea to keep henry for 4 kings, and increase ship hp
-i might add archers back for 2. i think 1 is to cheap and everyone would get it right at the start to garisson in towers.
-maybe ill increase beli hp to 125. ive only tried beli a few times in ffa.1 game i won, and the other i was very close when some1 had harald, so beli probly isnt that bad.

ps what are magic #s?
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 metroid_ChoZo

Posted 2 May 2011 - 11:01 pm
i had already used that method for invincible hp, that u posted metroid. except i used oakts so i didnt have to copy and paste - sign. and for effect 2; i used any random # of hp. but i think its still the same trigger.
but for effect 0 i used the # of hp for non elite skirm. if u use # of hp for elite then it wont work if u havent upgraded elite in game, will it?
well anyways it works properly the way i fixed it (added a trigger with condition research bloodlines)

-that is probly a good idea to keep henry for 4 kings, and increase ship hp
-i might add archers back for 2. i think 1 is to cheap and everyone would get it right at the start to garisson in towers.
-maybe ill increase beli hp to 125. ive only tried beli a few times in ffa.1 game i won, and the other i was very close when some1 had harald, so beli probly isnt that bad.

ps what are magic #s?

I'm glad you think my suggestions are good. You didn't mention making the transferring kings areas bigger and I would still do that since all you have to do is move a couple hay stacks around and change the object in area/remove object from area portions in the triggers. A couple more aesthetic things I would do are:
-orient the house guards since they're pointing towards their respective base
-orient the 4-directional king buy units so pallies are facing up, archers right and so on
-these things are silly lol but I just like things looking aesthetic

I'm glad that you're having an easier time making units invincible than I am. It seems every time I look at the effect I need to reenter the negative symbol and all that fun stuff. I still don't know what the magic numbers are but it's just a different way to make units invincible. I couldn't get them to work so I wouldn't worry about it.

On a different note, I finally, after about an hour of playing with it, figured out how to keep skirms in the game and buying another skirm after it's researched does nothing. I'm not sure if this is the case but I got the impression that units act different towards the genitour compared to the skirm. For instance, I was inside some guys base and I put my men on aggressive and then stopped them but they simply resumed attacking the genitour. Plus in terms of conversion the skirm is much easier to convert. IMO it'd be way to easy to win if you got mid and then charged up your genitour to 1000 attack and it'd be easy to dodge monks since it moves so fast. 1000 attack to kill and monk near you. Kind of takes the point out of buying a monk.

So if you want I'd add skirms back in all you have to do is create them initially as gaia units and change the object hp to the gaia unit and so on. It was so easy once I figured it out. At first I thought you needed one of the conditions to be technology researched but I was wrong and that just wasn't working. Anywho, it's so easy when you know how!!! lol this sucks. I just realized I'm wrong because gaia units get converted to p1 by default. There has to be someway around this though right? I just don't know the specific method but I believe I already saw something like this in one of the triggers?
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 3 May 2011 - 12:51 am by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
ps what are magic #s?

Dunno which method you're using, but this one is pretty much foolproof.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 metroid_ChoZo

Edited 4 May 2011 - 2:24 am by metroid_ChoZo
I tried the magic number method and although it did make the units invincible they still had a really long life bar and their health wasn't 0 but their health didn't appear to go down as they were damaged.

On a different note. Did you read my post about the skirms on the previous page? and... is there a way you can get the game to stop spawning a persons' pallies when they're feeding? It'd be a nice feature because some people are ****s and like to feed regardless, which ruins the game. Maybe set it up so if the bombard towers in a persons base are destroyed it removes the paladin/khan from the respawn and after a certain amount of time it gives them another king to choose either archers/khan/pallies/franky or they have to bring an object to the center to get it enabled again.

Yeah... just played a game of 2011 and again the genitour is WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY!!!!! too overpowered. no matter what you do your units default attack it. it's stupid. Please remove genitour. Some guy just camped all game in his base. He bought a villie, made 40 monks, bought genitours and sat there. He was brits. I was celts. I had martel he had robin. I brought 200 martels into his base twice and killed practically none of his men. Then when he got khan I did the same damn thing to him just to show him how gay it was. He won though because he had so many monks. This definitely needs to be changed though. The only way to counter the genitour is to tell the men to guard. Aggressive stance no longer works like it does with the skirm. Stupid.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 hO_hO_

Posted 4 May 2011 - 5:41 pm
Yeah... just played a game of 2011 and again the genitour is WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY!!!!! too overpowered. no matter what you do your units default attack it. it's stupid. Please remove genitour. Some guy just camped all game in his base. He bought a villie, made 40 monks, bought genitours and sat there. He was brits. I was celts. I had martel he had robin. I brought 200 martels into his base twice and killed practically none of his men. Then when he got khan I did the same damn thing to him just to show him how gay it was. He won though because he had so many monks. This definitely needs to be changed though. The only way to counter the genitour is to tell the men to guard. Aggressive stance no longer works like it does with the skirm. Stupid.

I absolutely agree this this. The unit should be way more kings than it is now if it's going to be this overpowered. Monasteries/monks should also be disabled in addition to raising the number of kings for the genitour. I agree with Chozo though. Just bring the skirm back. Simply fix.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 5 May 2011 - 4:19 am
Don't let somebody with Robins gather up enough population to camp your Martels? Seems like you're just complaining about something else to hide the fact you let the guy catch up or that you made a bad economy decision with kings.

Link | Válasz | Idézet
12[3]45
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 75 posts
Ugrás:
3 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 3 guests

What's popular right now: