AoKTS updates

mullikine

Posted 18 October 2014 - 9:31 am
Hey Gallas, I just updated. Could you try that again and try to crash it please? Also, can you please send me the map you tried on and the steps you took? Would be really really helpful:)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 mullikine

Posted 18 October 2014 - 9:44 am
Thanks for the idea Gallas. That's the next thing I'll make :)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 mullikine

Posted 18 October 2014 - 9:48 am
Sorry Gallas, I think I found the bug you were having. It's a rather annoying one. I'll fix and update asap.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rogan29

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:31 pm
No idea if this is even possible with something like aokts, but is there a way to change ownership of gates with it so they don't get bugged (change age and civ)?
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Vendetta_x

Posted 21 October 2014 - 2:02 am
Rogan29 wrote:
No idea if this is even possible with something like aokts, but is there a way to change ownership of gates with it so they don't get bugged (change age and civ)?

Try converting to gaia first?
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rogan29

Posted 21 October 2014 - 5:04 pm
It's still bugged.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 October 2014 - 5:18 pm
You have to use Castle Age gates instead of Imperial Age (Fortified) Gates. Although you may have to disable the Fortified Walls technology, if your scenario runs in Imperial Age.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rogan29

Posted 21 October 2014 - 8:00 pm
Fortified Wall and Imperial Age is needed.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Edited 22 October 2014 - 2:10 am by +[MM]jason
The reordering seem to work fine. Good stuff.

Here is something you should be interested in adding:
[You must login to view link]

Also you should make an option to reset all unit id's starting at 1 in the top left of the map.
But have a lock id check box for duplicate/negative id's you want to keep.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 mullikine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 2:40 am
Hey Jizzy. I can make that unit id option now. One question though. Are there any specific advantages you had in mind for ordering them in this way? I'm thinking of making it so u can click on a unit on the map and it will select in the list, or select a unit from the list and show you on the map.

Also, I just did some digging around and couldn't find that unknown value sadly. How important would you say it is?
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Posted 22 October 2014 - 2:58 am
The main advantage on ordering unit id's is to reduce lag. Because aoc doesn't revert to unused id's that have had the unit accoisated with it deleted, it just adds the next id avalible. ID numbers soon run into the tens of thousands. Keeping short id numbers will reduce lag especially then the is a bucket load of gaia units (trees ect.). Particually on multiplayer maps.

Thats a shame. Its not all that important I guess, the same can effect can be acheived with 2 triggers rather than 1 in this case.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 mullikine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:04 am
Ah ok. So what about starting them from the corner of the map? Thanks for suggesting keeping the garissons and duplicates. I had completely forgotten about that. I'll just make it so that if a unit has a (-) id reordering wont change it and if it is a duplicate they will both be sorted but keeping them as duplicates.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 mullikine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:13 am
Hey Jizzy, have you ever heard of a unit being garissoned inside a gaia unit such as a tree? Or an even more obscure question... Is it ever useful to have a gaia unit with a duplicate ID? Because if I can eliminate gaia units from the duplicate id and garrison checks it will turn a 10 second operation when clicking renumber into a half a second one.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 mullikine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:17 am
What would happen if there was a unit garissoned inside a deer and the deer was killed? Would a man come out? 11
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 +[MM]jason

Edited 22 October 2014 - 3:31 am by +[MM]jason
I just tried to test that with your program and it broke the scenario on saving. Not sure what happened there.

Theres no advantage garrisoning inside a gaia unit as far as I can see. Garrisoning it inside itself its exactly the same.

Also I can see any use for double id for gaia units.

When the deer dies the unit dies.

Link | Válasz | Idézet
1[2]345678910111213141516
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 240 posts
Ugrás:
56 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 56 guests